| Noted Subjects: |
Lake Superior, social psychology
|Current Collegiate Team||Minnesota (2009-Present)|
|Past Collegiate Teams||None|
|High School Team||Esko (2005-2009) (Knowledge Bowl)|
Eliza Grames is a senior at the University of Minnesota where she is the current treasurer after two years as the Committee Chair. Her major accomplishments as the Chair were creating an updated collegiate clubs contact list, hosting numerous on-campus trivia events including on-stage entertainment before OK Go, and setting the team up to transition to being governed by five officers in 2012-2013.
As a player, she got significantly better between the 2010-2011 season and the 2011-2012 season following a summer of employment at the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources, where she was paid to read books at boat landings for 40 hours a week when no fishermen were present. Other factors that may have contributed - writing roughly half of 2011 MUT, co-editing the Minnesota High School Novice Tournament, and writing for HSAPQ. She was reportedly drafted for Fantasy ICT at the University of Michigan but doesn't understand why anyone would think that was a good idea, considering every time she plays a tournament with Melanie Keating a great deal of giggling occurs.
Eliza did not play high school Quizbowl because her high school regrettably only participated in the dreaded Knowledge Bowl. Luckily, she was introduced to Quizbowl by a former DeLaSalle player who lived down the hallway in her dorm freshman year.
- 2012 Chicago Open anticipated play with Melanie Keating, Robin Heinonen and Joe Hansen. Despite a warning from Mike Cheyne that no one has fun at Chicago Open, the team expects to have the worst record and the most fun of any team at the tournament.
- 2012 ICT Division II. 48.73 PPG; individual 12th place Division II, team 16th place with Melanie Keating, Jonathon Hank, and Ribhu Agarwala. The team was in a three-way tie with Notre Dame and Northwestern, but won the first tiebreaker game against Notre Dame on a half-packet that conveniently had a large proportion of "things Eliza likes" in it. They then went on to lose all of their playoff games, including one against Maryland in which Eliza negged "humpback whales" with "barn owls" on the first clue and was made fun of by Greg Peterson for several minutes following the match.
- 2012 Penn Bowl at Northwestern. 23.33 PPG; team 15th with Melanie Keating, Peter Estall, Srijay Rajan, and Han Li
- 2012 ACF Regionals at Minnesota. 20.00 PPG; individual 10th place; team 4th place with Han Li, Srijay Rajan, and Peter Estall
- 2012 SCT at Carleton. 63.70 PPG; individual 2nd place; team 2nd place with Melanie Keating, Ribhu Agarwala, and Han Li
- 2012 BARGE at Illinois. 23.12 PPG; individual 12th place; team 7th place with Mike Cheyne, Srijay Rajan, and Robin Heinonen
- 2011 Minnesota Open at Minnesota. 6.88 PPG; no team rank due to house-team dissolution, but needless to say it would have been bad, considering the team only won matches against WUSTL and the Gautam Kandlikar/Anant Shah/Joe Hansen/Alex Gawenda team.
- 2011 ACF Fall at Carleton. 41.82 PPG; individual 9th place; team took second to Carleton in the finals with Robin Heinonen, Lauren Johnson, and Srijay Rajan. This tournament marked the first time Eliza ever won a book prize; regrettably, the only book left was "The Scarlet Letter".
- 2011 MAGNI at Carleton. 32.14 PPG; individual 6th place; team 2nd place with Melanie Keating, Kelsey McCoy, and Robin Heinonen
- 2011 MOO mirror at Minnesota. 7.50 PPG; team 1st place with Andrew Hart, Gaurav Kandlikar, Lauren Johnson, and Robin Heinonen
- 2011 ACF Regionals at Minnesota. 13 PPG; team 6th place with Kelsey McCoy
- 2011 Penn Bowl at Northwestern. 5.00 PPG; team 14th place with Robin Heinonen, Kelsey McCoy and Michael VanDeWeghe
- 2011 SCT North Division I. 8.21 PPG; team 4th place with Bernadette Spencer, Matt Hart and Cresston Gackle
- 2010 ACF Fall at Carleton. 18.18 PPG; team 7th place with Kelsey McCoy, Michael VanDeWeghe and Melanie Keating
- 2010 EFT Mirror at Minnesota. 11.5 PPG; team 5th place with Kelsey McCoy, Michael VanDeWeghe and Melanie Keating
- 2010 SCT North Division II. 20.69 PPG; team tied with Drake for 6th playing with Michael VanDeWeghe and Tianna Pilipovic
Eliza co-edited the 2011-2012 Minnesota High School Novice Tournament with Gaurav Kandlikar. She also has written large percentages of the 2011 and 2012 Minnesota Undergraduate Tournament sets. She contributed to the 2012 MOQBA JV Set and writes for HSAPQ. In 2012, she is co-writing an awful trash set called Never Say Never: Anything Goes with Melanie Keating which will be run as a side event at Minnesota Open.
Packet submissions include:
- 2012 Minnesota Open (in-progress)
- 2012 Chicago Open with Robin Heinonen and Melanie Keating
- 2012 ACF Nationals with Melanie Keating, Peter Estall, and Han Li which was never submitted because the team's budget ran out and Eliza got frustrated with a 14-line short story on the Battle of Bannockburn written by Peter Estall.
- 2012 Penn Bowl with Peter Estall and Han Li
- 2012 BARGE with Mike Cheyne, Robin Heinonen and Srijay Rajan
- 2011 ACF Fall with Robin Heinonen and Lauren Johnson
- 2011 Penn Bowl packet submission with Gaurav Kandlikar, Robin Heinonen, Kelsey McCoy, and Michael VanDeWeghe
- 2011 TIT packet submission with Rob Carson, Bernadette Spencer and Robin Heinonen
- 2012 Minnesota High School Novice Tournament with Gaurav Kandlikar
- 2012 GINVIT
- 2011 BHSAT Mirror at Minnesota
- 2011 Minnesota Undergraduate Tournament
- 2011 Prison Bowl Mirror at Minnesota
- 2011 GSAC Mirror at Minnesota
- 2010 GINVIT
- 2010 Collegiate Novice at Minnesota with Gaurav Kandlikar