| Noted Subjects: |
History, Mythology, Philosophy, sciencey fraud, Mixed_Pure_Academic
|Current Collegiate Team||none|
|Past Collegiate Teams||Yale (2010-2014)|
|High School Team||Georgetown Day (2007-2010)|
|Middle School Team||None|
Matt Jackson played for Yale University in the first half of the 2010s.
In high school, Matt Jackson went to Georgetown Day School; during his senior year there, he was the top scorer at all ten regular-season tournaments he played, as well as the 2010 NSC; he took the 2nd place All-Star spot at the 2010 HSNCT.
At Yale, first under the tutelage of John Lawrence and then as captain, Matt helped lead teams which won the 2011 DII ICT, 2011 ACF Nationals, 2012 ACF Nationals, and 2013 ICT, came in second at 2013 ACF Nationals, the 2014 ICT, and 2014 ACF Nationals, and placed third at the 2012 ICT. His editorship of BHSAT in 2011, and head editorship of that tournament, for three years thereafter, was pivotal in improving the standards of the tournament's writing quality and establishing mirrors nationwide.
Matt is a member of PACE and serves as its Vice President of Outreach.
Writing and Editing
- 2008 No Name Tournament, writer (and some editing work)
- Fall Novice Tournament, writer in 2009, Head Editor (history, RMP, social science) in 2010
- 2010 Ben Cooper Memorial Tournament, Head Editor/Writer
- 2010 Early Autumn Collegiate Novice, writer
- BHSAT: Editor in 2011; Head Editor in 2012 and 2013
- PACE NSC, writer 2011, 2012, RMP editor 2013, History editor 2014
- 2011-present: NAQT writer, HSAPQ freelance writer
- 2011 MAGNI
- 2012-2013: HSAPQ full member
- 2013 Chicago Open (contributor to editors' questions)
- 2014 ACF Regionals (RMP)