| Noted Subjects: |
History, Mythology, Philosophy, sciencey fraud, visual art
|Current Collegiate Team||Yale (2010-)|
|Past Collegiate Teams|
|High School Team||Georgetown Day (2007-2010)|
Matt Jackson is the team president at Yale University.
In high school, Matt Jackson went to Georgetown Day School; during his senior year there, he was the top scorer at all ten regular-season tournaments he played, as well as the 2010 NSC; he took the 2nd place All-Star spot at the 2010 HSNCT.
At Yale, Matt led a team to win the 2011 DII ICT. He played with John Lawrence, Kevin Koai, and Sam Spaulding on the Yale team that won 2011 ACF Nationals, co-captained the winning Yale A team (with John Lawrence) at 2012 ACF Nationals, and captained the team to victory at the 2013 ICT. His editorship of BHSAT in 2011 and head editorship since 2012 has been pivotal in improving the standards of the tournament's writing quality.
Matt is a member of PACE and serves as its Vice President of Outreach.
Writing and Editing
- 2008 No Name Tournament, writer (and some editing work)
- Fall Novice Tournament, writer in 2009, Head Editor (history, RMP, social science) in 2010
- 2010 Ben Cooper Memorial Tournament, Head Editor/Writer
- 2010 Early Autumn Collegiate Novice, writer
- BHSAT: Editor in 2011; Head Editor in 2012 and 2013
- PACE NSC, writer 2011, 2012, RMP editor 2013
- 2011-present: NAQT writer, HSAPQ freelance writer
- 2011 MAGNI
- 2012-2013: HSAPQ full member
- 2013 Chicago Open (contributor to editors' questions)