Battle of the Burgh
Battle of the Burgh is a tournament hosted by the University of Pittsburgh for high school teams. It has alternatively been known simply as Burgh. It has been held in the winter or spring since 2006, and in the March of each year since 2008. It is likely that every edition of this tournament has used questions from NAQT.
- It is assumed that an edition of this tournament was held in 1999, since "Battle of the Burgh II" was held in 2000; however, NAQT's website does not list results for any non-HSNCT tournament for the 1998-1999 season.
- There were two 2004 editions of this tournament: the first was held on March 20, 2004, and the second was held on November 20, 2004.
- In 2008, North Allegheny and Shady Side A tied for 2nd.
- In 2011, Camp Hill and Rocky Grove finished tied for 2nd.
- The 2011 edition was deemed "Battle of the Burgh XIV", but at this time evidence of only 13 Battles of the Burgh (Battle of the Burghs?) have been found.
- In the 2017 Tournament, Allderdice A was initially declared the winner. However, due to an error using SQBS, Winchester Thurston had actually won and was retroactively awarded first.