|President or CEO||Bryce Avery|
Bryce Avery is the President of Avery Enterprises, which bills itself as "America's biggest supplier of custom-formatted questions for academic competitions". Avery has many clients in the peripheral quizbowl world. Avery himself played College Bowl at California State Polytechnic, Pomona. Since 2009, he has owned Patrick's Press and as of 2016 has purchased Questions Galore.
Avery Praised by Avery
- Bryce Avery sees Avery Enterprises as favorable in comparison to his smaller competitors, who do not write in as many formats as he does, as well as favorable in comparison to his larger competitors, who tend to write only in their format.
- Bryce Avery has described Avery Enterprises as "provid[ing] the best in funn and challenging quiz tournaments! "
Avery Criticized by Others
- Repeatedly on the HSQuizbowl forums, which include here, here, and perhaps most strongly here.
- Descriptions of Avery questions from those who played on them include: speed questions with an extremely large amount of trash, including, but not limited to, spelling questions and questions about types of detergent.
List of quizbowl events run on Avery questions
- Association of American Schools in South America
- Leagues, conferences, TV series, and radio series all across America.
- invitational Science Bowl events
Avery, along with Foothills Education, LLC, also produces a mobile quizbowl study guide app called Fact Mountain. The three fact mountain apps currently available are American Literature, Russian Literature, and US presidents and can be purchased from the Apple App Store. Apps are purchased separately for around 3-4 USD and are
probably a massive rip off.
- Apart from being a major question writer, Bryce Avery is also a registered patent agent and skilled at "Highly Technical Writing".