|Noted subjects||General, History, Current Events|
|High school||Arcadia High School|
|Stats||HDWhite • NAQT|
Lawrence "Sungus" Sung (Class of 2021) (aka "Daddy Sungus" or "Lord Sungus the Magnificent") is a player and public relations officer for Arcadia High School's quizbowl team who unfortunately is currently inactive. He also used to compete for Arcadia's History Bowl team.
He is a two-time history bee regional finalist. At the 2018 National History Bowl championship, he carried Arcadia's JV team to finish 56th in the country. At the absolute peak of his quizbowl career, he managed 5 powers, 8 tens, and 9 negs, on the 2018-2019 iteration of HFT. But when Arcadia Quizbowl needed him most, he vanished.
Lawrence is an avid member of the Arcadia Unified School District Digital Communications Internship Program (DCI), the Arcadia Bridge the Divide club, Arcadia's Speech and Debate team, the Arcadia Taiwanese Appreciation Club, Arcadia High School's Peer Mentors program, and he considers himself to be a proud patriot.
Lawrence is also the subject of a novella, written by Santa Monica player Josh Xu, entitled "The Epic of Sungus". Regarded as a classic example of Kafka-esque literature, "The Epic of Sungus" has quickly become quite famous in the SoCal QB community.
- 2019 Southern California State History Bee - 10th place
- 2019 Triton Winter VII - 7th place (5/8/9)
- 2018 Canyon Crest Powered Points II - 10th place (5/20/12)
- 2018 National History Bowl Championship - 56th place
- 2018 REKT I (JV) - 7th place (20/28/11)
- 2018 Beaver Fever Invitational - 4th place (7/19/14)
- 2018 Los Angeles Regional History Bee - 5th place
- 2018 Bronco Bowl III (JV) - 1st place (5/11/7)
- 2017 Del Norte Edgehog Winter Tournament I - 15th place (2/8/7)