|Noted Subjects: |
|Current Collegiate Team||UCF (2014-present) |
|Past Collegiate Teams||n/a|
|High School Team||Gulf Coast High School (2010-2014)|
|Middle School Team||None|
Peter Torres is a former player at Gulf Coast High School and current player at UCF.
Peter played at Gulf Coast High, winning the county championship twice during his time there. He was chosen for Team Collier for the Commissioner's Academic Challenge both his junior and senior year. The competition, while an example of bad quizbowl, introduced Peter to his first experience to tough competition.
Joining UCF quizbowl in 2014, his first tournament was a win at 2014 Delta Burke. From there, he hasn't stopped playing. He was able to play with Jay Misuk at the Bainbridge run tournament SUMO, finishing fifth. Riding on the coattails of Rob Fernandez and Billy Beyer, he won Will Alston Open in January 2017. As of late, he has been writing a spring novice known as SUN along with members of the University of Florida and New College to be played in 2017.
- 1st place at 2014 Delta Burke on UCF A with Alex Eliott, Cassidy Beaulieu, and Aaron Jablon
- 4th highest scorer at 2015 ACF Fall University of Florida Site
- 3rd highest scorer at 2016 ACF Regionals New College Site
- 1st place at DII 2016 SCT along with Daniel Golisch and Austin Shipley
- 2nd place at the 2016 MUT Valencia mirror along with Daniel Golisch, Cassandra Logan, and Austin Shipley