User talk:George Tagtmeier
In this edit note you asked "Nobody else on the wiki is required to put their middle school affiliation; why should I have to?". Your premise is incorrect. Per the Terms of Service, "user page[s must] include, at a minimum, any quizbowl-relevant affiliations (past or present, teams or organizations, etc.)". If there are users who have omitted middle school affiliations that are relevant to quizbowl (e.g., middle schools for which they played quizbowl), please add such affiliations or let me know of the omission.
Furthermore, in general, it is probably not a good idea to revert changes admins make as part of their admin role. That's not a rule or anything, it's just common sense. —Jonah (talk) 20:14, 26 May 2022 (CDT)
- Because you asked, user that do not have every quiz bowl affiliation ever include
- User:Soren Gjesfjeld, User:Reilly Melville, User:Ganon Evans,User:Arin Parsa, User:Alison Yau, User:Geoffrey Wu, User:Aidan Leahy, User:Aadi Karthik, User:Mia McGill, User:Aiden Dombrosky, User:Raunak Mondal, User:Amogh Kulkarni
- There are obviously hundreds of more, my point is this is not at all enforced. There should probably be some sort of talk page to further discuss this policy. I am going to make my own page because QBWiki has no notability policy, but this is obviously really stupid. George Tagtmeier (talk) 21:40, 26 May 2022 (CDT)
- Feel free to add the missing information to those pages. When the accounts were created, I made sure they had the correct information to the best of my reasonable ability. Like many other pages, they are likely to get out-of-date to the extent they are not maintained. That's not great, but it's not as bad as someone actively removing required information, which is what you did.
- The page QBWiki talk:Terms of Service does not exist, but it can.
- I have no clue what making your own page and notability policy have to do with this, but it's fine for you to make your own page, and I don't consider anything I have mentioned "obviously stupid".
- —Jonah (talk) 21:45, 26 May 2022 (CDT)
- For the record, my user page doesn't list a middle school because I didn't play quiz bowl (or know it existed) until I entered high school. My NAQT page does list a middle school, because I played Knowledge Bowl there, but I don't think it's accurate to say I played quiz bowl in middle school (and there are definitely others who didn't play any form of quiz bowl at all in middle school). Reilly Melville (talk) 10:58, 27 May 2022 (CDT)