Breese Central High School is a public high school in Breese, Illinois located east of St. Louis. It competes in Class AA, the "large school" division, of the Illinois High School Association’s State Championship Series. The Cougars also compete in the Cahokia Conference, Metro East Quad League, and have been participants on WSIU's Hi-Q.
Breese is most notable for its early success in Illinois Scholastic Bowl including a tight State championship match against IMSA in 1989, the third year of the State tournament. That team was coached by IHSSBCA Hall of Fame coach, Robert Pierce.
The Cougars are cross-town rivals with Breese Mater Dei.
Notable Team Accomplishments
- IHSA State Tournament: 1989 - 2nd Place
- IHSA Sectional titles: 1997-1A, 1992-1A, 1989
- IHSA Regional titles: 2011-1A
- Cahokia Conference Champions: (3) ?
- South Central Scholastic Conference Champions: (3) ?