Wheaton Warrenville South
|Wheaton Warrenville South Tigers|
| Location: |
|National Appearances|| HSNCT: 2009–10, 2014–15
PACE NSC: 2016
Wheaton Warrenville South is a school located in Wheaton, Illinois, which is one of Chicago's western suburbs and competes in the DuPage Valley Conference.
South has consistently been among the top ten to twenty teams in Illinois, though they have not won many IHSA Sectionals because they are usually in the same Sectional as Wheaton North and IMSA. Wheaton Central, which no longer exists and which is generally seen as the predecessor of Wheaton Warrenville South, took 2nd place at IHSA State in 1988.
Some of WWS's strongest teams were in 2008, 2009, and 2015 with top students such as Curt Peterson, Ashok Poozhikunnel, Alex Cash, and Quinn Rosenthal. WWS played at HSNCT in 2009, 2010, 2014, and 2015 and at PACE NSC in 2016. Rosenthal was part of the 2009 HSNCT All-Star team. South has advanced to the playoffs of HSNCT once.
For 2015–16 season, WWS attended PACE for nationals instead of HSNCT for the first time in school history, as the latter was held during the weekend of the school's graduation. South was 48th place out of 96 teams. South did not compete in any major nationals tournament in 2016–17.
James Stankevitz was the long-time coach of the Varsity team, until he stepped down at the beginning of the 2017–18 season. Michael Willuweit replaced Stankevitz.
- Curt Peterson (2007–08)
- Ashok Poozhikunnel (2008–09)
- Alex Cash (2008–09)
- Quinn Rosenthal (2009–10)
- Anand Poozhikunnel (2011–12, 2012–13)
- Jonathan Suh (2014–15, 2015–16)
- Maciej Mleczko (2015–16)
- Curt Peterson (2007–08) (1st Team)
- Ashok Poozhikunnel (2008–09) (1st Team)
- Alex Cash (2008–09) (2nd Team)
- Quinn Rosenthal (2009–10) (1st Team)
- Anand Poozhikunnel (2011–12, 2012–13) (2nd Team)
- Jonathan Suh (2014–15 2nd Team, 2015–16 1st Team)
- Jeff Vieregg (1997)
- Curt Peterson (2008)
- Jonathan Suh (2016; B team)