This project is meant to organize future edits to the Main Page and its components.
- Main page: Main Page/Header
The header contains the name of the wiki. The right box contains a list of main pages for various "boxes" (like the Intro box, the Rules of the game box, and the Category box) - future boxes should be included here.
- Main page: Main Page/Introduction
Quizbowl, or quiz bowl, is the most common name for a team-based competition involving answering knowledge-testing questions with a buzzer. Quizbowl is played at thousands of colleges, high schools, and middle schools across the United States, but competitions exist throughout the world with different names and different formats. In the US, the most common format on the national high school and college level is a two-team competition in which the teams compete to buzz in on tossup questions and then collaborate on bonus questions.
The most important organizations in quizbowl are ACF (at the collegiate level), PACE (at the high school level), and NAQT (at the collegiate, high school, and middle school levels). Much quizbowl community activity occurs at hsquizbowl.org, which is hosted by the Quizbowl Resource Center. Also check out our pages on quizbowl software, buzzer sets, and outreach to new schools and players.
This section is directly transcluded from the "Quizbowl" page.
- Main page: Main Page/Quick Links
Find information about a club or team
How-to's and guides
- Let past players teach you how-to learn science or run a club
- Peruse various documents written by the community
The "Quick links" section is managed at QBWiki:Quick links.
Tournament results and info
- Main page: Main Page/Tournament results and info
Recent tournament results
No recent results
Historical tournament info
The "Recent tournament results" section is managed at QBWiki:Recent tournament results.
- Main page: Main Page/Featured picture
Eventually this picture should rotate - once that starts, there should be a more systematic way of not only deciding which picture will be in, but keeping track of which ones are out.
- Main page: Main Page/Improving QBWiki
Only logged-in users can edit pages. You can use this form to request an account. Please direct any questions to Jonah Greenthal.
You can help improve QBWiki by:
- making sure that articles on topics you know firsthand are informative and updated,
- creating an article on an important topic or person that does not already have an article (join the Missing Articles WikiProject to help find needed pages), and
- expanding short articles (see here)
QBWiki uses wikitext. If you are unfamiliar with reading and writing wikitext, read this guide for reference.