|Noted Subjects: |
literature, art, music
|Current Collegiate Team||Northwestern (2015-Present)|
|Past Collegiate Teams||Lawrence University (2007-2011)|
|High School Team||Maine South (2005-07)|
|Middle School Team||None|
High School Career
Peterson started playing quizbowl at the end of his sophomore year of high school, participating in the final frosh-soph tournament of the year.
His first full year was his junior year, which was good enough to earn him one of the ten available spots on the All-State First Team from the IHSSBCA.
Between his junior and senior year, he and a small contingent of Maine South players attended ACE Camp in Missouri.
His senior year saw him again claim a spot on the All-State First Team, leading his team to an 85-22 record which included tournament championships at the Ultima and the Masonic State Title. After an IHSA Regional win, the team lost to only New Trier in the Sectional.
At the 2007 HSNCT, Peterson was the 19th overall high scorer.
In March of his senior year, he had traveled to California to tape his appearance on the 2007 Jeopardy! Summer Teen Tournament, which would air in July of 2007. He finished second in his opening game, qualifying for the semifinals as a wildcard. He won a very convincing semifinal game, but narrowly lost to Meryl Federman in the finals.
Writing and Editing
- Sixth place (of 24) at Chicago's EFT2 mirror  (solo) (2nd individual)
- First place (of 13) at NAQT Tartan Tussle II (with Richard Wanerman, Emily Koenig, Catherine Albright) (1st individual)
- Seventh place (of 12) at ACF Fall 2007 at Minnesota (with Richard Wanerman, Emily Koenig, Catherine Albright) (3rd individual)
- T-Second place (of 15 DII teams) at NAQT Midwest SCT (with Richard Wanerman, Emily Koenig, Catherine Albright)  (1st individual)
- First place (of 7) at Illinois Novice (with Richard Wanerman, Emily Koenig, Catherine Albright) (1st individual)
- Eighth place (of 32) in Div II at NAQT ICT (with Richard Wanerman, Emily Koenig, Michael Schreiber) (1st individual)
Television Game Show Appearances
Peterson was the runner-up to Meryl Federman in the 2007 Summer Teen Tournament on Jeopardy!, winning US$38,600.
In 2017, Peterson appeared on the syndicated version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire, and won US$250,000.