|Lisle Senior High School|
|State Championships||2010 IHSA, 2011 IHSA|
Lisle is a public high school in -you guessed it- Lisle, Illinois. The high school is located in a pretty sweet western suburb of Chicago, and plays in the Single A division of the Illinois format Scholastic Bowl. The team competes in the Interstate Eight conference, and has provided a challenge to schools like Latin School in years past. The team was coached for many years by Yousef Matariyeh, who retired in 2016.
IHSSBCA Individual Awards
The following were honored by the Illinois High School Scholastic Bowl Coaches Association (IHSSBCA) for outstanding play through their All-Sectional/All-State Program. Each sectional comprises roughly 24 geographically concentrated teams, and thus roughly 125 starting players. Through the 2006-07 season, the top ten players were recognized in each sectional,(starting with 2007-08, the number was raised to 15) with teams restricted to no more than two nominations (three nominations starting in 2007-08). There are twenty All-State awards given each year (10 First Team, 10 Second Team) in each of Illinois' two classes.
- 2010: Greg Dzuricsko, Naiomi Gunaratne, Michael Swartz
- 2009: Greg Dzurickso, Naiomi Gunaratne, Neal Kfoury
- 2008: Naiomi Gunaratne, Laurel Kunath
- 2006: Shauna Gunaratne
- 2005: Shauna Gunaratne, Zachary Kunath
- 2011: Greg Dzuricsko (First Team), Michael Swartz (First Team)
- 2010: Greg Dzuricsko(First Team)
- 2006: Shauna Gunaratne(First Team)
- 2005: Shauna Gunaratne(First Team)
While video of IHSA tournament matches is rarely taken because of restrictions placed on video or audio recording any IHSA events, Lisle got permission, and recorded their matches at the 2014 state series:
- Round 1: Lisle vs. Carterville
- Round 2: Lisle vs. Urbana (University)
- Round 3: Lisle vs. Athens - Cooper Award winner Rob Grierson moderating
- Class A Championship: Lisle vs. Litchfield - the late J. Barron Robinson, moderating.