|Current President or Coach||Anson Berns|
|National championships||2010 NAQT Division II|
Brown University is a private university located in Providence, Rhode Island. The team was founded in 2006 by the Jerry Vinokurov.
After officially chartering a club, presided over by bureaucrat-extraordinaire Dennis Jang, the team won 2nd place in the 2007 ACF Nationals and won several victories in local tournaments. They also hosted the first incarnation of EFT, which was subsequently taken over by Eric Mukherjee and Dennis Jang because they needed the practice.
EFT2 was entirely written by Brown Quizbowlers that dude, that other dude, and some hobo; it turned out ok. The team won 4th place at the 2008 ICT and 2nd place at 2008 ACF Nationals, continuing the streak.
The club held the third incarnation of EFT, and various members were on the editing staff for ACF Winter and Regionals 2009, meaning that the team remained splintered for much of the season (this on top of various professional/academic things going on with members of the team). A slightly shorthanded team (missing Eric) won 2nd place at ACF Nationals for the third year in a row.
With the departure of Eric Mukherjee, but the addition of top high school players Ian Eppler and Guy Tabachnick, Brown continued to be a strong contender. The team finished 5th at ACF Nationals and 7th at ICT. It remains to be seen how Jerry Vinokurov's departure will affect the team.
Brown finished 2nd in Division I at ICT and 4th at ACF Nationals.
Brown finished 8th at ICT and did not attend ACF Nationals. Guy was notably in Prague all fall, though.
A new crop of freshman players joined the Brown team in 2012-13, putting up several impressive local finishes (2nd at IFT, 3rd at Penn-ance, 3rd at SCT Division II), but no teams from Brown competed at either national. The future looks bright, though.
|ACF Nationals (2005–)||Division I ICT||Division II ICT|
- Eric Mukherjee
- Jerry Vinokurov
- Dennis Jang
- Aaron Rosenberg
- Guy Tabachnick
- Ian Eppler
- Ben Cohen
- Rebecca Maxfield
- Jacob Baskin
- Marko Djuric
- Micha Elsner
- Phil Grice
- Lisa Qing
- Tiffany Hsu
- Eric Johnson
- Goda Thangada
- Daniel Klein
- Justin Byrd
- Daniel Brach-Neufeld
- Lloyd Sy
- Abid Haseeb
- Evan Pandya
- The team has a long history of travel disasters, both during car and air travel. Examples:
- Eric Mukherjee's flight to 2008 ICT getting canceled.
- Eric Mukherjee and Dennis Jang's flight to Cardinal Classic almost not happening (see 2008 Brown to Stanford Travel Disaster).
- Jerry Vinokurov and Eric Mukherjee getting lost on the mean streets of Boston.
- Eric Mukherjee getting lost on the way to 2008 ACF Fall at Brandeis, ending up near some arboretum in Boston (due to Dennis Jang's faulty directions).
- Eric Mukherjee's car not starting after 2008 T Party, due to the parking lot guy not turning it off.
- The team's (with the exception of Daniel Klein's) flight to the 2010 ICT being delayed 6 hours and cancelled after two successive airplanes broke down.
- The Division II team for 2013 ICT had to withdraw from the field in the week before the tournament after having unknown difficulties securing flights.
- Despite anywhere from 1/2 to 3/4ths of the A team being Jewish, the team's Judaism knowledge remains lackluster.