|Noted Subjects: |
Literature, Arts, Opera, 20th century Drama, Social Science, and Evelyn Waugh
|Current Collegiate Team||None|
|Past Collegiate Teams||Harvard (2008-2012)|
|High School Team||Gonzaga (2005-2007)|
|Middle School Team||None|
Theodore Jasper "Ted" Gioia played quizbowl at Harvard; during his tenure there, he was considered one of two or three best active literature players in the game.
Ted was the head editor for KLEE, both incarnations of Harvard International, and the 2008 T-Party. He also was an editor for 2008 ACF Fall, 2009 ACF Regionals, 2010 ACF Regionals, 2011 ACF Regionals. and 2014 ACF Nationals. He is one of the most outspoken advocates for questions testing deep knowledge of canonical literature (or "core" works) and is also known for his hatred of common link literature tossups.
His time at Harvard has seen some notable victories, including several wins at sub-national events and a high finish at ACF Nationals 2009. He was part of the second place team at the 2009 Chicago Open with Eric Mukherjee, Jerry Vinokurov, and Dallas Simons. Ted also placed third at the 2009 Chicago Open Literature Tournament finishing with the second most powers in the field while playing on a balanced team with Jerry Vinokurov (scoring 80 ppg to Jerry's 65 ppg). As an editor he edited literature and arts for the highly praised 2010 ACF Regionals and 2011 ACF Regionals.
Ted is currently living the #baylife.
- Harvard International 1 and 2
- Several incarnations of the Harvard Fall Tournament
- 2008 T Party
- 2011 ACF Regionals
- 2010 ACF Regionals
- 2009 ACF Regionals
- 2008 ACF Fall
- Wallace Stevens Literature Singles
- 2012 Chicago Open
- 2014 ACF Nationals
- 2010 Penn Bowl - 1st place (with Bruce Arthur, Dallas Simons, and Andy Watkins)
- 2009 FIST - 2nd place (with Bruce Arthur, Dallas Simons, and Eric Mukherjee)
- 2009 Chicago Open Literature Tournament - 3rd place (with Jerry Vinokurov)
- 2009 Chicago Open - 2nd place (with Eric Mukherjee, Jerry Vinokurov, and Dallas Simons)
- 2009 Missouri Open at Maryland - 1st place (with Eric Mukherjee, Dallas Simons, and Dan Puma)
- 2009 ACF Nationals - 6th place (with Bruce Arthur, Dallas Simons, and Andy Watkins)
- 2009 ACF Regionals - 1st place (with Bruce Arthur, Dallas Simons, and Andy Watkins)
- 2009 Penn Bowl - 3rd place (with Bruce Arthur, Dallas Simons, and Andy Watkins))
- 2008 VCU Open - 1st place (with Jerry Vinokurov and Henry Gorman)
- 2008 ACF Nationals - Middle Bracket (with Rom Masrour, Bruce Arthur, and Ylaine Gerardin)
- 2008 FICHTE at Maryland - 2nd place (with Eric Mukherjee, Shantanu Jha, and Adam Marshall)
- 2007 Deep Bench Brandeis mirror - 1st place
- EFT2 - 1st place (with John Lesieutre, Dennis Sun, and Adam Hallowell