|Noted Subjects: |
science, India, kings, popes
|Current Collegiate Team||None|
|Past Collegiate Teams||Minnesota (2008-2011)|
|High School Team||Eden Prairie (2005-2007)|
|Middle School Team||None|
Gautam Kandlikar is a recent graduate of Minnesota who is one of the best science players in quizbowl history, and also one of the most well-rounded players known mainly for science contributions. He has won four major undergraduate titles and one ICT title playing with Minnesota and edited numerous instances of Minnesota's annual tournaments: Minnesota Open and MUT. He is a full member of ACF and served as the head editor of ACF Fall in 2009. He won many tournaments with various Minnesota lineups throughout the years and is known for his efficient playing style and clutch buzzing in key match situations.
High School Career
He has been active at the University of Minnesota. Gautam has stayed in touch with high-school quiz bowl in Minnesota, and he moderates at league games and invitational tournaments.
Gautam writes questions in most categories, but most people think he only writes science.
He has worked on:
- 2008 Minnesota Undergraduate Tournament (with Andrew Hart and Rob Carson)
- 2008 Chitin Classic (with Andrew Hart, Rob Carson, and the Vanderbilt and Maryland organizations)
- 2008 William Gaddis Doubles: This Tournament is About Learning (run by Jonathan Magin, in collaboration with Ahmad Ragab, Dennis Jang, Shantanu Jha, Mike Bentley, Charles Meigs, and Katy Peters.)
- 2008 Minnesota Open (with Andrew Hart and Rob Carson) and the Literature tournaments occurring on the same weekend.
- 2008 ACF Fall (with Rob Carson, Trevor Davis, Ted Gioia, and Andrew Hart)
- 2009 Minnesota Undergraduate Tournament with various members of the Minnesota contingent.
- NSC format tournament held during Weekend of Quizbowl 2009.
- Gaddis II run by Jonathan Magin, in collaboration with Ahmad Ragab, Ted Gioia, Dennis Jang, Shantanu Jha, Mike Bentley, Chris Chiego, Kent Buxton, Donald Taylor.
- Gautam is working on INDIA to be produced by October 2009.
- He is also going to write for Minnesota Open 2009.
- He is going to oversee production of the 2009 Fall Novice Tournament.
- Gautam will be editing 2009 Chicago Open with Trevor Davis, Eric Kwartler, Wesley Matthews, and Trygve Meade.
- Gautam will serve as supervisor/editor-in-chief for 2009 ACF Fall. Fellow editors include Evan Adams, Auroni Gupta, Will Nediger, Mehdi Razvi, and George Stevens.
- Third out of four teams at Lawrence Mirror of T-Party, along with Rob Carson, Bernadette Spencer, and Mike Cheyne
- Third at Iowa Mirror of Penn Bowl, along with Joe Hansen, Bernadette Spencer, and Lauren Johnson
- First at ACF Winter North mirror , with Andrew Hart, Rob Carson, and Brendan Byrne
- Second at NAQT SCT North mirror , with Rob Carson, Bernadette Spencer, and Mike Cheyne
- Second at ACF Regionals Midwest Playoff stats with Brendan Byrne, Rob Carson, and Andrew Hart
- First at Illinois mirror of Fake ICT 2  with Brendan Byrne, Rob Carson, and Andrew Hart
- Fourth at 2009 ICT and Second at DI Undergrad with Brendan Byrne, Rob Carson, and Andrew Hart
- Fourth at 2009 ACF Nationals and First at DI Undergrad, with Brendan Byrne, Rob Carson, and Andrew Hart
- Fourth at Michigan MLK  (with Rob Carson, Andrew Hart, and Bernadette Spencer)
- 2008 North SCT - 5th place, DII (with Kaylea Palmer)
- 2008 Midwest ACF Regionals - 4th place (with Andrew Hart, Rob Carson, and Bernadette Spencer)
- 2008 NAQT ICT - 3rd place UG, 12th overall DI (with Andrew Hart and Rob Carson)
- ACF Nationals - 5th overall, Undergraduate and DII champions (with Andrew Hart, Rob Carson, and Bernadette Spencer
- 2008 Chicago Open - 3rd Place with (with Andrew Hart, Rob Carson, and Brendan Byrne)